Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve

Some other stuff happened here and there, but being awesome kind of got put on hold this past semester so I could focus on starting out well at USD. 

New Year's Eve was a pretty cool night.  I made myself a promise last year, when I did absolutely nothing, that I would make plans well in advance for 2011's new year's eve.  That did not happen.  Most people are out of town for New Year's (don't know why, San Diego is awesome and sorry most of the rest of the world has pretty shitty weather this time of year).  My sis and bro-in-law were here however, but they both had to work late.  I went and got some stuff for the night (champagne, CPK pizza, white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake).  Then I thought you know what, I'll make tonight awesome, and I won't even have to pay $100 or some other insane amount to hang out with douchey people at some decadent lame party (I'll do that for 2012). 

I really wanted champagne glasses though, but Ralph's nor Ross's had any.  When I was at Ross's this chick was looking for them as well, and started a conversation by asking me to get her something high up (there was one on a lower shelf prominently displayed).  She told me to check out the World Market on 4th and J for champagne glasses.  In hindsight, I should have gotten her number.  Made it to World Market, they had them, and discovered that that store is amazing.  Will definitely go back.

Went home, and headed back out.  I was absolutely starving at this point, so I decided to get one last free kiddie frostie at Wendy's, but they closed really early that night.  Major disappointment.  I went across the street to the Chase ATM to get some cash for the night, and ran into this dude who had started the festivities early by puking all over the lobby.  My appetite momentarily suppressed, I contemplated my next move.  Within a minute or so my hunger overcame the horrific scene I just witnessed, and I overheard a hilarious convo on the street where this hoish chick exclaimed "when I was Vegas... I made out with EVERY guy I saw!".  Stay classy, San Diego.  Ate dinner at the 24 hour subway on 5th.  I then headed to Dirty Del's for their cheap drinks, but they unfortunately had no drink deals that night.  Chilled with some people for a bit, then headed out to Tipsy Crow.  The Crow was okay, but I headed out before 11 to get to Cafe Bassam where my sis was working till close.

Bassam was pretty dead, but I had fun chillin with my bro-in-law and sis, and we rang in the new year with a toast, and a never-ending card game of war.  After close we hung out at my apartment, popped champagne bottles and had an awesome meal.  An entertaining and cool night, wouldn't have had it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment